KillerKip V5.1
 

Page Navigation
Grand Theft Auto
Misc. Stuff
Moviebox
My Computer
Tamiya
Mini-Z
Links
Mail Me
Go Home
Sitemap

 

 

Downloads
Desktop Backgrounds
Movies

Info
History of Tamiya monster trucks
Juggernaut Journal
Catalogue Listing
Guidebook Listing
Mountaineer article

Various
Old pics
Trailers
Bodies
Racing Gear
Pershing Tank
Trailer Trucks

Off-Road cars
Pajero
Clod Buster
Juggernaut 2
Gravelhound
Max Climber
LunchBox
Thundershot
XR-311
Racing Touareg
Buggy Champ
Jeep Rubicon
Toyota FJ40
Ford F350

On-Road cars
Nissan R91 CP
TL01
Ferrari F2001
Porsche 911 GT1
Audi R8R
Toyota GT One
F103GT
TT01
TA03-F

Competition cars
TB02R
TA05
TT01E

Mini-type cars
Mini / Beetle
Suzuki Swift
Fiat 500
M04
Express MRR2

Links
RC Trial
Tamiya Club
Tamiya International
Tamiya USA
Tamiya Belgium

 
 
 

Mitsubishi Pajero Metaltop Wide

I bought this car when it was fairly new in the shops. I was inspired by an article (with beautiful pictures) I read in Auto RCM, a french RC magazine. I painted mine exactle like the one in the magazine. I loved running it, but unfortunately now the center axle is very worn. I started modifying the bodies because I couldn't really run the car anymore, and one of my bodies was seriously banged up.

Update: I sold this one, to free funds for my Gravel Hound and Mini-Z addictions ;)

The two bodies showing off... They are still being restored, and I only work on them from time to time, so it will probably take some time before I finish them. The one in the back is the most worn one. There was a 'hole' in the hood, and many scratches on the roof. I cut out the rear windows and made it sort of a pickup. Hope I can finish it in style.

The chassis. It's very dusty, but that's because it's been standing around for ages without me driving it. I have a robber ESC, which allows for full proportional forward and reverse operation. The servo is a standard S3003 type, but I gave the car ball bearing steering. Hi-torque servo saver is also present. My reciever is under the yellow thing, the antenna wire goes through the yellow thing and eventually comes up to a very short antenna pipe. This way I can have the advantages of a long antenna without the long pipe. Of course, the car has full bearings and a sport-tuned motor.

The bottom of the chassis. This is the axle that's worn. You can see by the many scratches that this car has been well-used. The white stuff under the motor is tape-glue that's left over from waterproofing the car... Used to drive it in the snow as well...

Side view of where I modified the body length. Also notice the stripes onthe bottom are sanded away.

The top of the loading part is just flat. I will probably also fit some sort of wheelie bar, but I still need to find one. Still need to do a lot of work on the lights.

Top of the second body. Here I filled the hole for the antenna and some holes I drilled to put on extra lights. Still not satisfied with the result, although it looks better in real life than in this pic.

Notice the scratches. I had painted this body and just couldn't resist running the car again. So this is what I got. But it's not so bad: since the pickup body will be for display, this body will be a runner. Also notice I took out the door handles.

Took out the Mitsubishi logo in the front grille.

The full body on display.

Took out the logo on this grille as well. Also: the smooth edges by the fender: I sanded out the horizontal stripes.


Tamiya re-released this kit, so I bought it, to be built in the future. I didn't want to miss out on it like I did the Thundershot and the Top-Force.


 

 
 

Favourites


 
   
 
Copyright KillerKip 2010