KillerKip V5.1
 

Page Navigation
Grand Theft Auto
Misc. Stuff
Moviebox
My Computer
Tamiya
Mini-Z
Links
Mail Me
Go Home
Sitemap

 

 

Downloads
Desktop Backgrounds
Movies

Info
History of Tamiya monster trucks
Juggernaut Journal
Catalogue Listing
Guidebook Listing
Mountaineer article

Various
Old pics
Trailers
Bodies
Racing Gear
Pershing Tank
Trailer Trucks

Off-Road cars
Pajero
Clod Buster
Juggernaut 2
Gravelhound
Max Climber
LunchBox
Thundershot
XR-311
Racing Touareg
Buggy Champ
Jeep Rubicon
Toyota FJ40
Ford F350

On-Road cars
Nissan R91 CP
TL01
Ferrari F2001
Porsche 911 GT1
Audi R8R
Toyota GT One
F103GT
TT01
TA03-F

Competition cars
TB02R
TA05
TT01E

Mini-type cars
Mini / Beetle
Suzuki Swift
Fiat 500
M04
Express MRR2

Links
RC Trial
Tamiya Club
Tamiya International
Tamiya USA
Tamiya Belgium

 
 
 

Mini Cooper / Volkswagen Beetle

The moment I saw the mini, in one of those scoop-pictures, I knew I wanted one. It looked great, was cute, and, when compared to a full-size car, was very moderately sized. So I got one as soon as I could, and started tweaking and tuning it. I promoted the car by running it with the body on backwards, etc.

Little did I know the steering and suspension were going to be disasterous. I didn't manage to get the car going straight, no matter what I tried. That same year, due to lack of interest and a bit out of frustration, I stopped the hobby.

This year, while installing my radio gear into my Juggernaut, I finally found the problem I had years ago: the steering on my remote (megatech Jr.) doesn't work properly. I noticed it with the jug, changed transmitters and the problem was solved. It never even occured to me that might have been the problem many years ago. Now I know, but am totally out of the hobby. After I quit, I didn't get rid of the cars, and started modifying them in a big way. I wanted to create the perfect mini.

This is my modified chassis. I implanted a steering servo into the forward compartiment, added dual springs, and put in an Acto-Power touring special motor. Uprights, suspension, etc. have been altered, so now I have dual coil-over-oil springs in the front, and a single one in the back. The car has full bearings, stabiliser, titanium screws (only the ones I found at the time, so not the more exotic types), carbon bits, ball differential with aluminum plates and tungsten balls, the works. It runs great, if you use a fully functional remote :)

Next on the menu is a carbon chassis and dual spring suspension for the rear. But that's on layaway for the time being. I also have a mini body, but that's not in the picture. Forgot to take one. Maybe I'll do so later...


 

 
 

Favourites


 
   
 
Copyright KillerKip 2010